RecTrac Product FAQS
What Parks and Recreation Managment modules are available in the RecTrac application?
- RecTrac consists of 13 fully integrated modules to fit your Recreation Management software needs - Activity Registration, Facility Reservation, Pass Management Photo, League Scheduling, Point of Sale/Inventory/Tickets/Gift Cards, Equipment/Site Rentals, Court Reservations, Locker Rentals, Trip Reservations, Golf Point of Sale, Personal Trainer Scheduling, and CYMS (Child/Youth Management). The Incident Tracking module is provided at no charge.
How are the RecTrac Recreation Management software modules sold?
- While all RecTrac functions are fully integrated, they are licensed with multiple payment options or rented via SaaS (Software as a Service) by module as follows: Activity Registration, Facility Reservation, Pass Management Photo, League Scheduling, Point of Sale/Inventory/Tickets/Gift Cards, Equipment/Site Rentals, Court Reservations, Trip Reservations, Locker Rentals, Personal Trainer Scheduling, Golf Point of Sale, and CYMS (Child/Youth Management System).
How are workstations licensed?
- We base the licensing on concurrent workstations. The individual modules are licensed one time and then any number of the licensed workstations have access to those modules.
Is RecTrac Recreation Management Software offered as a Hosted solution?
- Yes. VSI has teamed with TechVault in providing a secure, world-class facilty to host your RecTrac database. All of your client workstations would access RecTrac using an internet connection. RecTrac has been developed using Progress WebClient technology, which provides for WAN access to the database using the internet, but still provides a rich, graphical user interface for the staff.
Is there a way I can see a demonstration of RecTrac?
- Absolutely! Just contact us through the Contact Us portion of the website or give us a call. We can set up a time that works for you to conduct an online demonstration of all areas of RecTrac, WebTrac, GolfTrac or any other products you want to take a look at. We can also provide you a link and instructions to access a live RecTrac system where you can "play around" using a tutorial as your guide.
What type of reporting does RecTrac provide?
- RecTrac provides over 600 standard reports, and each report provides multiple selection criteria. This enables the operator to customize the reports to produce the output desired. Based on the type of report, print output options include Preview, PDF Format, Excel, Graph, and Email. Since Progress is ODBC compliant, off the shelf report writers, such as Crystal Reports, may be used to create ad-hoc reports. Several sample reports are available for your review on the Downloads page.
Is RecTrac available to our patrons as an online service? Can patrons perform online registrations through your software? Can they use their smartphone?
- Yes. WebTrac provides your patrons online access to the RecTrac database. Based on your needs, they can register for programs, make facility reservations, renew their passes, update their household/family member information and much, much more. Mobile WebTrac is a module of WebTrac that provides many WebTrac functions using a smartphone.
Does RecTrac have an inventory tracking software module?
- The RecTrac Point of Sale software module is a complete inventory control system. The user interface is designed for touch screen operation, providing for an unlimited number of menus and sub menus.
What is the difference between the Facility Reservation software module and the Equipment Rental software module?
- Facility Reservations allows you to make reservations for any type of facility, such as rooms, courts, fields, shelters, buses, vans - anything you need to track and reserve. As a by product of the reservation, the system gives you numerous reports, such as calendars, summary listings, and usage statistics. The Equipment/Site Rentals module is used for those items or sites that require the customer to Check-in and Check-out (site) or Check-out and Check-in (rental item). A good example is a campsite where a customer may reserve a site in advance, check-in upon arrival, and check-out when leaving. The same concept applies to Rental Items, where a customer Checks-out an item (such as a boat, BBQ Grill), and then checks it back in.
What is the difference between the Activity Registration module and the Trip Reservation module?
- Activity Registrations are for those programs where you require a by-name roster that lists all individuals registered for that program. Activity Registration requires that each enrollee be a family member in the database. The key reason for this is that checks are done to insure the patron meets the age or grade criteria, prerequisites, gender, and all the other checks established in the setup of that program. The Trip Reservation module is designed to allow for "group" bookings in that the patron can register for X number of seats on that trip or in that program. No prerequisite checks are done on individuals. While an Activity Registration roster lists each individual registered, the Trip roster lists who the registrar was and how many "seats" they purchased.