Will VSI recreation managment software integrate with campus Registrar software, such as Blackboard and/or Banner?
- Yes. RecTrac has a program that imports student information from your your Registrar or ID Card database into RecTrac. Imports are done via batch process and can be scheduled to run at periodic intervals thus automating the import/update process.
Do we have to purchase the entire recreation management software system or can we purchase only the parts/features we need, such as sports league registrations and locker room management software?
- VSI licenses its software by module, so can you purchase the functions that meet your needs and interest. Most University/College customers have installed the Activity Registration, Pass Management Photo, Equipment Rental, Locker, and League Scheduling modules.
Does RecTrac provide an equipment rental managment software solution to track equipment as it is checked out/in?
- Yes. The RecTrac Equipment Rental managment module provides two options for this: 1) advanced equipment reservations (complete with reservation calendars, reservation waiting lists & fee management) and 2) a quick equipment check-out option. The quick equipment program is touch screen-based and uses student ID cards, swipe readers and the touch screen interface. It allows you to quickly track the check out and return of any equipment available for student use.
Does the system manage intramural/league play? Does it have a Tournament capability? Can it track sportsmanship points in addition to wins and loses?
- Yes. The League Scheduling module was designed for this purpose. It is sports league management software and tracks teams and team members, games and game times. It allows you to reserve facility space and tracks scores and standings. The system provides automated scheduling solutions for regular season play as well as single and double elimination tournaments. Sportsmanship points can be recorded and can be included in league standings and results.
Can we use the system to create and sell non-affiliated memberships, such as community members, alumni, etc... ?
- Yes. Non-affiliated memberships can be created and sold with RecTrac. Non affiliated patrons can be setup in the database and your various membership offerings can be managed.
Regarding non-affiliated members, can we issue ID cards or key fobs to non-affiliated members independently from the student ID Card issued by the university?
- Yes. The RecTrac Template Design Studio allows you to create custom digital photo ID Cards for non-affiliated members. Optionally, you can use pre-printed Key FOB’s for the same purpose. VSI also offers biometric identification options (i.e. finger scanners and/or vein scanners).
Will the system integrate with our Turnstile for entry control?
- Yes. Access Control software is available as a RecTrac add-on and provides integration with turnstiles and gates for entry control. Multiple entry control points can be managed from a single Access Control workstation and will utilize your existing ID card solution, reading magnetic stripes or bar codes.
Is there a handheld student ID card validation option for remote locations (such as fields) that cannot support a workstation? We need the ability to scan ID Cards at these locations to insure the memberships are valid.
- Yes. Membership validation software is avaiable with PDATrac, a RecTrac add-on, and provides this functionality. PDATrac runs in a batch environment. Sync the PDA with your RecTrac database to download valid student and membership information. Take the PDA to the remote site and use it to validate ID Cards. Upon return, re-sync the PDA with the database and upload the visit information. PDATrac requirements are a windows-based (Pocket PC) unit. VSI provides multiple options.
Is there a real-time way to validate student ID cards at remote locations without network connectivity?
- Yes. Mobile RecTrac provides remote membership validation capability in real-time using smart phones with bar code or magstripe readers. VSI will provide a list of Mobile RecTrac functions available now and planned for future releases.
Does RecTrac provide a summer camp registration software solution for summer camp activities and programs? Does it offer an online registration software solution?
- Yes. The Activity Registration software module will manage the summer camps and programs that you offer. The WebTrac add-on option provides real-time online registrations through your website with NO transaction fees.
Does RecTrac have a method for debiting student campus accounts (campus wide on account payment method)?
- Yes. RecTrac provides the capability to track student account payments, as well as faculty/staff payroll deductions. RecTrac will also create an export file containing the payment data that you can import into your campus accounting system.